Tips for hiring and working with a professional wedding DJ!
As I talk to brides and grooms, it’s clear that often they don’t know what to ask when shopping for a DJ. Chances are they have never done this before. I have put together a list of tips and frequently asked questions to help future brides and grooms shop for, hire, and work with their DJ to plan their perfect event. Of course, I would love to work with you and be that DJ, but even if I am not, I want your reception to go off perfectly! Hopefully, these tips can help you do that.
- Be on time.
- Set up the system as it was promised to you
- Be clean and professional dressed
- Follow the plan you worked out with them
- Work with your other vendors as a team to make the night go as smooth as possible
- M/C your event (and do it well)
- Help coordinate the key elements of your event, including the cake cutting, toasts, and special dances
- Be good at getting your guests out on the dance floor (which isn’t always as simple as it seems!
Now That’s Entertainment: What a fitting name! Thank you for providing us with such great music and entertainment on our wedding. Andy and I were surprised with the games and the extra dances! They were great ideas to get our guests involved! Everybody had fun! Also, thank you for the Memory CDs. They will allow us to remember that special night forever! Thank you for everything! If you need references, please let us know!
Andy & Ashley Webb